users unable to log in to ssh

From: Donald Jones (jonesd3@georgetown.edu)
Date: 01/28/03

    Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:12:20 -0500
    From: Donald Jones <jonesd3@georgetown.edu>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I have a SOLARIS 8 machine running openssh 3.5p1. The other day, two of
    my users were suddenly unable to log in using the secure shell. SSH
    just closes the connection. The console shows an error message that
    says: "Fatal: monitor_read unsupported request: 24". This hasn't
    happened to all users, just a couple. What is going on and how do I fix
    it? Thanks!

    ----
    Donald Jones
    Information Technologies Coordinator
    Institute for Health Care Research and Policy
    Georgetown University
    jonesd3@georgetown.edu
    http://ihcrp.georgetown.edu