users unable to log in to ssh

From: Donald Jones (jonesd3@georgetown.edu)
Date: 01/28/03

    Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:12:20 -0500
    From: Donald Jones <jonesd3@georgetown.edu>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I have a SOLARIS 8 machine running openssh 3.5p1. The other day, two of
    my users were suddenly unable to log in using the secure shell. SSH
    just closes the connection. The console shows an error message that
    says: "Fatal: monitor_read unsupported request: 24". This hasn't
    happened to all users, just a couple. What is going on and how do I fix
    it? Thanks!

    ----
    Donald Jones
    Information Technologies Coordinator
    Institute for Health Care Research and Policy
    Georgetown University
    jonesd3@georgetown.edu
    http://ihcrp.georgetown.edu

    Relevant Pages

    • server securing issues
      ... have done some securing on my solaris server and ... Information about the remote host: ... Port ssh ... An SSH server is running on this port. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... I would do something like this (cygwin is my windows box having cygwin ... installed and solaris is a solaris based server): ... My problem is that the destination port is unknown at the time I create ... the ssh call. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Kerberos MIT SSH Solaris 9
      ... I'm experiencing some problem on kerberizing ssh on Solaris 9 with MIT ... MIT Kerberos KDC 1.6.3 ... # Default definition for Authentication management ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... ssh solaris "command to figure out what port you want" ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: The scp protocol
      ... Secure Shell (SSH) Authentication Protocol * RFC 4253: ... Shell Transport Layer Protocol * RFC 4254: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)