Disabling Password Authentication for just one user

From: Aaron Cheek (aaron_cheek@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/10/03

    Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:36:37 -0800 (PST)
    From: Aaron Cheek <aaron_cheek@yahoo.com>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi!

    I'm in a situation where I need to disable password
    authentication for a user (just public key
    authentication for him) while for the rest I need to
    maintain password authentication.

    My guess would be to set "PasswordAuthentication no"
    in the ~user/.ssh/config file, but it doesn't seem to
    work.

    Any ideas?

    Aaron

    http://mailplus.yahoo.com

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
      ... Which is why it was failing at the Authentication stage, ... - though you can also use the Yahoo one, ... But they *were* arriving at the Yahoo Mail Account OK? ... All the time people use the Yahoo WebSite to access their eMails, ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • SUMMARY: sftp2
      ... > and use ssh keys for authentication. ... add your public key which you just created to ... >> Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
    • Re: OL2003, send/receive fail only at first start of day
      ... Wow, OK, I -also- have Yahoo POP mail accounts, and that's where mine is ... I was hopeful the firewall settings would resolve this, but no, it failed me ... > business mail) require authentication. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
    • Re: Problem sending email from Windows XP / Apache 2 /php 5.0
      ... >> Maybe Yahoo requires authentication for SMTP? ... >> class, which supposedly supports authentication. ... relaying is disabled on Yahoo! ... And live their lives governed not by rules but by reason. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Compuserve SMTP
      ... I use the SMTP server for my Yahoo! ... Plus account for example, which uses ... authentication and because my ISP block outgoing connections on port 25, ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)