/etc/security/lastlog not updated in AIX ?

From: Steven Pieper (pieper@phy.anl.gov)
Date: 01/08/03

    Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:19:15 -0600
    From: Steven Pieper <pieper@phy.anl.gov>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I have an AIX 4.3.3 machine at Base Maintainace Level 4.3.3.0.09

    I installed ssh 3.4p1 on 28 august 02 and only now realized that ssh
    sessions stopped updating the lastlogin time of /etc/security/lastlog
    then. Other sessions (like xdm) still update the lastlog. I am
    talking about successful sessions, not wrong passwords.

    Today I installed 3.5p1 and specified

     --with-lastlog=/etc/security/lastlog

    on the configure command , but lastlog is still not being updated.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    thanks
    steve

    Steven C. Pieper, Senior Physicist: spieper@anl.gov
    Argonne National Laboratory, Physics Division, Bldg. 203, Argonne, IL 60439
    Phone: 630-252-4232 Secretary (Donna Nelson) -4100 Fax -6008