centralize keys location for multiple user keys?

From: Alexander N. Spitzer (aspitzer@spitzer.org)
Date: 01/06/03

    Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:43:49 -0500 (EST)
    From: "Alexander N. Spitzer" <aspitzer@spitzer.org>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    We have a (perhaps) unique problems:

    We have a number of jobs that run on one machine, and ssh to a
    different machine to run a command.

    A --> B

    The problem is that the home directory is ONLY visible on the the second
    machine (B)..

    When the scheduler "su's" it the user running the job, not authorize_keys
    file is found in the users dir, so the ssh requires a passwd..

    We cannot replicate home dirs to all machines, and NFS home dirs is not
    really an options. Neither is an ssh-agent, because it requires manual
    intervention at times (i.e. machine reboots).

    is there a way to setup all the keys in a dir such as

    Machine A:
    /all-my-keys
    key.user1
    authorized_keys.user1
    key.user2
    authorized_keys.user2
    key.user3
    authorized_keys.user3

    Machine B:
    /all-my-keys
    key.user1
    authorized_keys.user1
    key.user2
    authorized_keys.user2
    key.user3
    authorized_keys.user3

    such that we have a shared dir, so that for each user, there is a key
    file, and an authorized_keys file unique to that user?

                                            -alex

    --------------------------
    Name : Alexander N. Spitzer
    Phone: 617.407.2274
    Fax : 509.752.4680
    Web : http://www.spitzer.org

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: ps in batch
      ... > I'm looking at how to cleanly end jobs ... > running POSIX programs, ... these posix applications create a pid file on start-up. ... if ssh does not write to a pid file, you might try something like the ...
      (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
    • Re: A question about subprocess
      ... I want send my jobs over a whole bunch of machines (using ssh). ... How can I do it with the subprocess? ... Now you can write a load distributer kind of script which uses ssh to ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • controlling remote process that spans multiple ssh sessions
      ... How can I ssh to another computer and see the screen output of a process ... and the control process gets killed. ... but when I start a new ssh session, 'jobs' doesn't see the existing process. ... Is there an opposite command to 'disown', ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: port forwarding timeouts
      ... systems administration, as well as SSH -- which is related to the number ... in advice to people on SSH. ... login as joe_user and then use SU or SUDO ... those jobs, but a lot of people are uncomfortable with that. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)