Can I do sftp command via C function calls?

From: John Kerich (jkerich@csc.com)
Date: 01/03/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    From: "John Kerich" <jkerich@csc.com>
    Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:14:25 -0500

    Our project is using a free ftp library package that allows us to do ftp
    command via C function calls. This greatly simples the code since we
    don't need to use expect or fork/exec off shell scripts to do ftp commands
    from the program. Does openssh sftp has a sftp library that we can link
    to? If not, is there any plans to enhance the code to compile sftp as a
    library?

    John T. Kerich (w)301-805-3024
    CSC Civil Group (Fax)301-805-3745
    Goddard Corporate Park
    Lanham-Seabrook, 7515 Mission Drive 20706

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
      ... years ago but had totally forgotten - I appreciated that the STOU command is ... covers the point I want to make which is that the FTP client commands are ... An SUNIQUE command compatible ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
      ... The best list for topics related to the Communications Server IP ... command or vice versa. ... Instructs the FTP client not to include a name with the STOU ... -- If NONAME is in effect, no name string specifying a foreign_file value follows ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
      ... a date/time stamp into the name before the FTP step. ... I foolishly assumed when I saw the SUnique parameter that - of course! ... command or vice versa. ... -- If NAME is in effect, the name string specifying a foreign_file value ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Problem about Window Xp SP2 firewall and the buildin FTP command
      ... I copy your example ftp command file to a.txt saved in C:\dell folder. ... I cannot turn off Windows Firewall, since it is controlled by Domain ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • [NT] Multiple Vulnerabilities Found in PlatinumFTPserver
      ... A vulnerability in the product allows remote attackers to cause the server ... to traverse into directories that reside outside the bounding FTP root ... delete files and perform a DoS attack on the server. ... 200 PORT command successful ...
      (Securiteam)