Can I do sftp command via C function calls?

From: John Kerich (jkerich@csc.com)
Date: 01/03/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    From: "John Kerich" <jkerich@csc.com>
    Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:14:25 -0500

    Our project is using a free ftp library package that allows us to do ftp
    command via C function calls. This greatly simples the code since we
    don't need to use expect or fork/exec off shell scripts to do ftp commands
    from the program. Does openssh sftp has a sftp library that we can link
    to? If not, is there any plans to enhance the code to compile sftp as a
    library?

    John T. Kerich (w)301-805-3024
    CSC Civil Group (Fax)301-805-3745
    Goddard Corporate Park
    Lanham-Seabrook, 7515 Mission Drive 20706