Limiting access to only those who have my certificate

From: jason@corekin.no-ip.com
Date: 12/13/02

    Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:24:59 -0800 (PST)
    From: <jason@corekin.no-ip.com>
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    I there a way to prevent to sshd from responding to anyone without a
    certificate created and signed on the server? Basically I am trying to be
    as secure as possible with my ports and I was thinking that if I could
    basically construct a certificate that I stored on a floppy, I could
    eliminate the possibility of someone guessing the password. Then as long
    as I never let anyone have a copy of the certificate file, my sshd would
    remain impenetrable. Is this possible to do? Will it do what i want? Am
    I crazy to be so concerned?

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    Jason Corekin

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: FTP-TLS/SSL
      ... My apologies for not being clear and obviously responding too quickly. ... My response was in the context of a z/OS FTP client, not a z/OS server, although I did not state that. ... the server certificate may be CA-signed or self-signed. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • RE: Security Error on WebSync
      ... there is a problem with the site's security certificate. ... When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so ... The CA is issued by own server -server111, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
    • RPC over HTTP, Microsoft solution
      ... Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios ... Place a check in the box next to 'Certificate Services' and click 'Yes' ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
    • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
      ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
    • Re: Configuring SBS2003 for OWA and RWW
      ... And make sure certificate will not be ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... next to Preferred DNS server and next to ... If you are using ISA, please go to ISA management console, and navigate ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)