Re: Such a question

From: Paul Thomas (paul@cuenet.com)
Date: 12/04/02

    Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:14:33 -0800 (PST)
    From: Paul Thomas <paul@cuenet.com>
    To: Stephane JOURDAIN <Stephane.JOURDAIN@ibl.lu>

    On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Stephane JOURDAIN wrote:

    > Is it possible to disable the 'cd' command from the sftp server in order to block a user in his login home dir ??
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    One place to consider or start is:

    http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/index.html

    the Jail Chroot Project.

    i was looking at this subject awhile back and thought for sure I
    found some reference that said the Openssh was doing something
    with a chroot jail type of login, but if nobody on this list
    responds, I guess not.

    Thanks,

    --Paul

    --
    William J. Broad: "The crux... is that the vast majority of the mass
    of the universe seems to be missing."