Restrict a SSH account to a single IP

From: Bobby Patel (anup_patel@rogers.com)
Date: 11/30/02

    From: "Bobby Patel" <anup_patel@rogers.com>
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 14:00:10 -0500

    Hello everyone, I couldn't find any documentation on this issue.

    What I want is to restrict one user's account to only be able to ssh in from
    a certain IP. That way, if someone got her password/passphrase, they
    wouldn't be able to access the server from any other location.

    Any suggestions, or directions that I can look in would be great.

    Relevant Pages

    • restricting originating IP per user
      (SSH)
    • Re: allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??
      ... >> But is there a way to restrict people from SSH using this ... >> account but still allowing ftp and sftp?? ... Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??
      ... > But is there a way to restrict people from SSH using this ... > account but still allowing ftp and sftp?? ... I know there may be other ways to this but...I recommend "rssh". ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Passing password in ssh
      ... If I create keys without a passphrase, and share the public keys between ... You do know that you first have to get the private key of the key ... The .ssh directory also ... But simply cracking into a user's account who has access to several ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problems with Sudo
      ... where only one unprivileged account is allowed to log in. ... you're gaining nothing at all by running two ssh daemons ... Using odd port numbers isn't very useful either, ... I have SSH exposed to the world with key-only login and an iptables ...
      (Ubuntu)