Re: Script for DMZ

From: Alberto Gonzalez (
Date: 03/19/04

    Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:08:20 -0500

    Although this is generally geared towards Linux security, which firewall
    are you using?

    I am also a firm believer in understanding the technology that you are
    deploying. Although scripts can make things easier, if you don't
    understand exactly what you are doing (especially w/ a firewall) then it
    will be real easy to break something, or have one rule that completely
    defeats the entire rule chain.

    My recommendations are (if time permits) learn the firewall that you
    will be using, get familiar with it (hell, intimate :)). Once you phase
    that out, then you can use an easily deployable script to help automate
    the process. Hope that helps!

    Alberto Gonzalez