RE: Linux Audit Checklist

From: Woodworth, Lora (Lora.Woodworth_at_cta.com)
Date: 11/07/03

    To: "'security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com'" <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
    Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:03:23 -0700

    Have you looked at www.cisecurity.org? They have checklists and scan
    tools. Doesn't test for everything but gives a good overview. They have
    collaborated with many big players so most everyone I have worked with has
    been happy with the results. Also do a search on www.linuxsecurity.org for
    more specific type configuration/audit type checklists.

    Lora

    Ryan Smith wrote:

            Could anyone provide me any Linux checklists prepared for audit
    purposes.

            Could be ICQ's, AWP's, or plain checklists even.

            Would appreciate if anyone could provide the checklist used by the
    Big 5's .