Unwittingly flooding my internal network?

From: Woodworth, Lora (Lora.Woodworth@cta.com)
Date: 02/25/03

    From: "Woodworth, Lora" <Lora.Woodworth@cta.com>
    To: "''Security-Discuss (security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com)'" <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
    Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:41:00 -0700

    I just upgraded to Mandrake 9.0 on one of my boxes and my internal IDS has
    now logged about 6500 packets from that machine. It appears to be
    broadcasting on the local subnet udp packets destined to udp/631. Has
    anyone ran into this problem? Does anyone know of a good way to trouble
    shoot which service this is coming from?

    Any help will be appreciated
    Lora Woodworth, CISSP
    INFOSEC
    CTA Inc.