Help please

From: BUNTER MATTHEW (Matthew.Bunter@renaultvi.com)
Date: 02/03/03

    Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:26 +0100
    From: BUNTER MATTHEW <Matthew.Bunter@renaultvi.com>
    To: security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com

    --- Reçu de VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77 03/02/03 11.26

    I would first advise caution.

    The IP address that you have may or may not be owned by said hacker. I
    would find out who owns the address (using whois, nslookup etc) then mail
    their abuse@whoever.com mailbox - most ISPs have them. Be polite, tell
    them only the facts, do not ellaborate or make supositions. You need to
    be 150% sure that the address you supply is the one that hacked your
    proxy - if you aren't sure this could backfire badly. Provide evidence of
    connection times, duration, if you can see the commands passed so much
    the better.

    This is a google link that may be of help
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=what+to+do+if+hack email links go to, for instance # "mailto:-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ed

    Finally if this is in another country good luck!

    Regards,

    Matt

    Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:56:06 -0800
    Subject: Help please

    Help Please

    Some one hes hacked my proxy can some please tell me i have got there ip.
    how can i go about convicting them.