Re: configure syslog informations

From: Martin Ístlund (mo@microsaft.nu)
Date: 11/20/02

    Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:45:30 +0100 (CET)
    From: Martin Ístlund <mo@microsaft.nu>
    To: <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>

    > Hello people!

    Hi.

    Could it be that your popd or sendmail is started through
    inetd/xinetd? If so, it will start a new instance of the service
    each time a user logs in / sends a mail, which could be the reason
    why your load increases so much.

    If you run your popd or sendmail as a stand-alone service, it will
    always be running only one instance.

    Cheers.
    Martin Ístlund