Re: losing all graphs of ntop

From: Eric B. Lubow (eric@guardiandigital.com)
Date: 10/30/02

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:27:17 -0500 (EST)
From: "Eric B. Lubow" <eric@guardiandigital.com>
To: security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com

I would look into using rrdtool (Round Robin Database Tool). RRD combined
with SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) can give you a solid
accurate amount of information based on averages. You can get information
per interface and generate statistics and graphs based on that
information.

More RRDTool information can be found here:

  http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

More information on SNMP:

  http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps. If not, what type of information are you specifically
looking for about your network?

--
Eric Lubow
Guardian Digital Inc.

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, S. Khademi wrote: > > For monitoring my network, I have installed ntop-2.1-1.i386.rpm on my > linux redhat7.3, and it works very good, but when my system restart all of dataase create again and old > datas and graphs delete from my system, for running ntop I use this > command: > > #ntop -u myaccount -i eth0 > > What I must do, for resolving this problem. Keeping these graphs and all > of datas are very importand for me. > Thanks