Re: Help with IPTABLES

From: Dave Wreski (dave@guardiandigital.com)
Date: 03/13/02

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:16:26 -0500
From: Dave Wreski <dave@guardiandigital.com>
To: security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com

Hi Ricardo,

> Hi, sorry for this e-mail, I need information about IPTABLES, how I can
> install and run iptables?, I need a web server secure told me please How i
> can buit a Firewall, I need your help for config my web server, what rules I
> needd? and what protocols i need block?

You should start by reading the following resources:

Oskar Andreasson IP Tables Tutorial
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-94.html

Linux Kernel 2.4 Firewalling Matures: netfilter
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/kernel-netfilter.html

Firewall-HOWTO
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/docs/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html

Netfilter and IP Tables
http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-firewall.future.html

Hal Burgiss Introduces Linux Security Quick-Start Guides
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-93.html

Firestarter Firewall Builder
http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/

--
Dave Wreski
Corporate Manager                           Guardian Digital, Inc.