Re: User accounts under Apache

From: Patrick Duane Dunston (duane@sukkha.homeip.net)
Date: 09/18/01

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Patrick Duane Dunston <duane@sukkha.homeip.net>
To: <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
Subject: Re: User accounts under Apache

> 1) When you say it is easy to setup and use, it may not be
> easy for me.

My apologizes for that biased assertion. The documentation is very
helpful in getting the program setup quickly. Plus the developer is very
helpful and responds quickly to support questions.

> How easy is it to use? I guess the only way is to try.
> 2) Since I don't know php, will it be difficult to use or
> maintain that tool?

The only major administrative thing is a user who forgets their password.
There is a bulit-in password change routine. I haven't had to do any
major administrative maintenance in about a month and a half now, which
is how long it has been in place.

--
duane

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. --Franklin P. Jones

--

GnuPG Public Key: http://sukkha.homeip.net/pgp.html