Re: SSH,encryption algorithm,cpu usage and more

From: Patrick Duane Dunston (
Date: 09/17/01

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:29:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Patrick Duane Dunston <>
To: <>
Subject: Re: SSH,encryption algorithm,cpu usage and more

> Now, i am thinking a lot about which cipher is the best for security reason.
> And in this area i need your experience.

Interesting test results. I've never done any benchmark test as you
have...I've done it based on observation. All the cipers are pretty
secure. I haven't read of any successful attacks on any of them.

> The most of the servers which i am going to use are running samba,qmail,DNS,squid,firewall etc.
> And the avarege CPU usage is about 5%,do you think that the cpu usage of sshd will cause me
> problems?

That shouldn't cause you problems...I do remote backups of very large
files and haven't noticed any performacne degradation.

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. --Franklin P. Jones

GnuPG Public Key: