Re: SSH,encryption algorithm,cpu usage and more

From: Patrick Duane Dunston (duane@sukkha.homeip.net)
Date: 09/17/01

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:29:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Patrick Duane Dunston <duane@sukkha.homeip.net>
To: <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
Subject: Re: SSH,encryption algorithm,cpu usage and more

> Now, i am thinking a lot about which cipher is the best for security reason.
> And in this area i need your experience.

Interesting test results. I've never done any benchmark test as you
have...I've done it based on observation. All the cipers are pretty
secure. I haven't read of any successful attacks on any of them.

> The most of the servers which i am going to use are running samba,qmail,DNS,squid,firewall etc.
> And the avarege CPU usage is about 5%,do you think that the cpu usage of sshd will cause me
> problems?

That shouldn't cause you problems...I do remote backups of very large
files and haven't noticed any performacne degradation.

--
duane

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. --Franklin P. Jones

--

GnuPG Public Key: http://sukkha.homeip.net/pgp.html