[VulnWatch] Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerabilities in procedure DBMS_DRS.GET_PROPERTY (DB03)
- From: Team SHATTER <shatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:52:12 -0400
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Team SHATTER Security Alert (Update)
Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerabilities in procedure
Jan 18, 2007 (Updated July 18th, 2007)
Risk Level: Medium
Oracle Database Server versions 9i, 9iR2, 10gR1 and 10gR2
Remote exploitable: Yes (Authentication to Database Server is needed)
This vulnerability was discovered and researched by Esteban Martínez
Fayó of Application Security Inc.
Oracle Database Server provides the DBMS_DRS package that includes
procedures used in Oracle Data Guard. This package contains the function
GET_PROPERTY which is vulnerable to buffer overflow attacks.
Any Oracle database user with EXECUTE privilege on the package
SYS.DBMS_DRS can exploit this vulnerability. Exploitation of this
vulnerability allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. It can also
be exploited to cause DOS (Denial of service) killing Oracle server
Vendor was contacted and a patch was released.
Restrict access to the SYS.DBMS_DRS package.
Apply Oracle Critical Patch Update July 2007 available at Oracle Metalink.
Application Security, Inc.
AppSecInc is the leading provider of database security solutions for the
enterprise. AppSecInc products proactively secure enterprise
applications at more than 300 organizations around the world by
discovering, assessing, and protecting the database against rapidly
changing security threats. By securing data at its source, we enable
organizations to more confidently extend their business with customers,
partners and suppliers. Our security experts, combined with our strong
support team, deliver up-to-date application safeguards that minimize
risk and eliminate its impact on business.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: [VulnWatch] Oracle Database Buffer overflows and Denial of service vulnerabilities in public procedures of MDSYS.MD (DB12)
- Next by Date: [VulnWatch] iDefense Security Advisory 07.19.07: Opera Software Opera Web Browser BitTorrent Dangling Pointer Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [VulnWatch] Oracle Database Buffer overflows and Denial of service vulnerabilities in public procedures of MDSYS.MD (DB12)
- Next by thread: [VulnWatch] iDefense Security Advisory 07.19.07: Opera Software Opera Web Browser BitTorrent Dangling Pointer Vulnerability