[VulnWatch] Fortinet Advisory: Apple Quick Time Player ImageWidth Denial of Service Vulnerability
- From: "Fortinet Research" <vulnmonitor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:19:39 -0800 (PST)
Fortinet Security Advisory: FSA-2006-03
Apple QuickTime Player ImageWidth Denial of Service Vulnerability
Advisory Date : January 12, 2006
Reported Date : November 28, 2005
Vendor : Apple computers
Affected Products : Apple QuickTime Player v7.0.3
Severity : Medium
Reference : http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2005-3710
Description : Fortinet Security Research Team (FSRT) has
discovered a Denial of Service Vulnerability in the Apple QuickTime
Player. Apple QuickTime has Denial of Service vulnerability in parsing the
specially crafted TIFF image files. This is due to application failure to
sanitize the parameter ImageWidth value while parsing TIFF image files. A
remote attacker could construct a web page with specially crafted tiff
file and entice a victim to view it, when the user opens the TIFF image
with Internet Explorer or Apple QuickTime Player, it'll cause memory
access violation, and leading to Denial of Service.
Impact : Denial of Service
Solution : Apple Computers has released a security update for
this vulnerability, which is available for downloading from Apples's web
site under security update.
Fortinet Protection: Fortinet is protecting network from this
vulnerability with latest IPS update.
Acknowledgment : Dejun Meng of Fortinet Security Research team found
Disclaimer : Although Fortinet has attempted to provide accurate
information in these materials, Fortinet assumes no legal responsibility
for the accuracy or completeness of the information. More specific
information is available on request from Fortinet. Please note that
Fortinet's product information does not constitute or contain any
guarantee, warranty or legally binding representation, unless expressly
identified as such in a duly signed writing.
- Prev by Date: [VulnWatch] Fortinet Advisory - Apple QuickTime Player StripOffsets Improper Memory Acces
- Next by Date: [VulnWatch] Fortinet Security Advisory: "Apple QuickTime Player Improper Memory Access Vulnerability"
- Previous by thread: [VulnWatch] Fortinet Advisory - Apple QuickTime Player StripOffsets Improper Memory Acces
- Next by thread: [VulnWatch] Fortinet Security Advisory: "Apple QuickTime Player Improper Memory Access Vulnerability"