[VulnWatch] CERT Advisory CA-2003-01 Buffer Overflows in ISC DHCPD Minires Library (fwd)

From: Rain Forest Puppy (rfp@vulnwatch.org)
Date: 01/15/03

    Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:53:59 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Rain Forest Puppy <rfp@vulnwatch.org>
    To: vulnwatch@vulnwatch.org

    (Another) buffer overflow in a product made by the same people who make
    BIND? Who would have thought....

    - rfp

       Author: This document was written by Jeffrey P. Lanza.

       This document is available from:

    CERT/CC Contact Information

       Email: cert@cert.org
              Phone: +1 412-268-7090 (24-hour hotline)
              Fax: +1 412-268-6989
              Postal address:
              CERT Coordination Center
              Software Engineering Institute
              Carnegie Mellon University
              Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
              U.S.A.

       CERT/CC personnel answer the hotline 08:00-17:00 EST(GMT-5) /
       EDT(GMT-4) Monday through Friday; they are on call for emergencies
       during other hours, on U.S. holidays, and on weekends.

    Using encryption

       We strongly urge you to encrypt sensitive information sent by email.
       Our public PGP key is available from
       http://www.cert.org/CERT_PGP.key

       If you prefer to use DES, please call the CERT hotline for more
       information.

    Getting security information

       CERT publications and other security information are available from
       our web site
       http://www.cert.org/

       To subscribe to the CERT mailing list for advisories and bulletins,
       send email to majordomo@cert.org. Please include in the body of your
       message

       subscribe cert-advisory

       * "CERT" and "CERT Coordination Center" are registered in the U.S.
       Patent and Trademark Office.

       NO WARRANTY
       Any material furnished by Carnegie Mellon University and the Software
       Engineering Institute is furnished on an "as is" basis. Carnegie
       Mellon University makes no warranties of any kind, either expressed or
       implied as to any matter including, but not limited to, warranty of
       fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability, exclusivity or
       results obtained from use of the material. Carnegie Mellon University
       does not make any warranty of any kind with respect to freedom from
       patent, trademark, or copyright infringement.

       Conditions for use, disclaimers, and sponsorship information

       Copyright 2003 Carnegie Mellon University.

       Revision History
    January 15, 2003: Initial release

    Relevant Pages