[NEWS] Streamripper Multiple Buffer Overflows
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 25 Nov 2008 11:06:41 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Streamripper Multiple Buffer Overflows
<http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/> Streamripper "records Shoutcast
and Live365 MP3 streams to a hard disk, creating separate files for each
track. Runs under Unix and Windows." Secunia Research has discovered some
vulnerabilities in Streamripper, which can be exploited by malicious
people to compromise a user's system.
* Streamripper version 1.63.5
1) A boundary error exists within http_parse_sc_header() in lib/http.c
when parsing an overly long HTTP header starting with "Zwitterion v".
2) A boundary error exists within http_get_pls() in lib/http.c when
parsing a specially crafted pls playlist containing an overly long entry.
3) A boundary error exists within http_get_m3u() in lib/http.c when
parsing a specially crafted m3u playlist containing an overly long "File"
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code, but requires
that a user is tricked into connecting to a malicious server.
05/11/2008 - Vendor notified.
10/11/2008 - Vendor response.
14/11/2008 - Vendor informs that fixes are ready and will be uploaded to
CVS on the agreed disclosure date.
19/11/2008 - Public disclosure.
The information has been provided by Secunia Research.
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NT] iPhone Configuration Web Utility for Windows Directory Traversal
- Next by Date: [TOOL] Exomind
- Previous by thread: [NT] iPhone Configuration Web Utility for Windows Directory Traversal
- Next by thread: [TOOL] Exomind