[NT] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Express Backup Server Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 14 Jan 2008 22:20:53 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Express Backup Server Heap Overflow
A vulnerability allows attackers to execute arbitrary code on vulnerable
installations of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Express. Authentication is not
required to exploit this vulnerability.
* Tivoli Storage Manager Express version 5.3
* Tivoli Storage Manager Express version 18.104.22.168
The specific flaw resides in the TSM Express Backup Server service,
dsmsvc.exe, which listens by default on TCP port 1500. The process trusts
a user-supplied length value. By supplying a large number, an attacker can
overflow a static heap buffer leading to arbitrary code execution in the
context of the SYSTEM user.
2007.12.05 - Vulnerability reported to vendor
2008.01.14 - Coordinated public release of advisory
The information has been provided by <mailto:zdi-disclosures@xxxxxxxx>
The Zero Day Initiative (ZDI).
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [TOOL] SQID - SQL Injection Digger
- Next by Date: [NT] Quicktime Player HTTP Error Message Buffer Overflow
- Previous by thread: [TOOL] SQID - SQL Injection Digger
- Next by thread: [NT] Quicktime Player HTTP Error Message Buffer Overflow