[NT] Novell Client Trust Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 1 Nov 2007 17:34:33 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Novell Client Trust Heap Overflow Vulnerability
A vulnerability allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on
vulnerable installations of Novell software which utilize the Novell
Client Trust. Authentication is not required to exploit this
* Novell BorderManager version 3.8
The specific flaw exists in the Novell Client Trust application,
clntrust.exe, which listens by default on UDP port 3024 on Novell client
machines. During a validation request, the Client Trust process copies a
user-supplied Novell tree name until a wide-character backslash or a NULL
is encountered. If neither is found within the data, the process will copy
excess data which later overflows a static buffer during a call to
Novell has issued an update to correct this vulnerability. More details
can be found at:
<Disclosure Timeline:> Disclosure Timeline:
2007.07.17 - Vulnerability reported to vendor
- Digital Vaccine released to TippingPoint customers
2007.10.25 - Coordinated public release of advisory
The information has been provided by <mailto:zdi-disclosures@xxxxxxxx>
The Zero Day Initiative (ZDI).
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NT] Verity KeyView SDK Multiple File Format Parsing Vulnerabilities
- Next by Date: [EXPL] Stack-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in OpenBSD's DHCP Server (Exploit)
- Previous by thread: [NT] Verity KeyView SDK Multiple File Format Parsing Vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: [EXPL] Stack-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in OpenBSD's DHCP Server (Exploit)