[NT] Symantec AntiVirus Engine CAB Parsing Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 15 Jul 2007 17:54:52 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Symantec AntiVirus Engine CAB Parsing Heap Overflow Vulnerability
A vulnerability allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on
systems with affected installations of Symantec's AntiVirus Engine. User
interaction is not required to exploit this vulnerability.
The specific flaw exists during the process of scanning multiple
maliciously formatted CAB archives. The parsing routine implicitly trusts
certain user-supplied values that can result in an exploitable heap
Symantec has issued an update to correct this vulnerability. More details
can be found at:
2006.11.09 - Vulnerability reported to vendor
2006.11.30 - Digital Vaccine released to TippingPoint customers
2007.07.12 - Coordinated public release of advisory
The information has been provided by <mailto:TSRT@xxxxxxxx> The Zero Day
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NT] Symantec AntiVirus Engine RAR File Parsing DoS Vulnerability
- Next by Date: [UNIX] Red Hat Enterprise Linux init.d XFS Script chown Race Condition Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [NT] Symantec AntiVirus Engine RAR File Parsing DoS Vulnerability
- Next by thread: [UNIX] Red Hat Enterprise Linux init.d XFS Script chown Race Condition Vulnerability