[UNIX] Clam AntiVirus RAR File Handling DoS
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 12 Jul 2007 16:55:38 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Clam AntiVirus RAR File Handling DoS
Clamav crashes due to processing of standard filters in RAR VM, while
processing a corrupted RAR file. Processing the corrupted file results in
a null pointer deference.
* Clam AntiVirus version 0.90 and prior
* Clam AntiVirus version 0.91
Processing the corrupted file will result in crashing of clamscan
application and clamd daemon.
The following corrupt RAR files can be used to test the vulnerability:
The information has been provided by <mailto:contact@xxxxxxxxxxx> Metaeye
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [REVS] Anti Forensics: Making Computer Forensics Hard
- Next by Date: [NEWS] Cisco Unified Communications Manager Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: [REVS] Anti Forensics: Making Computer Forensics Hard
- Next by thread: [NEWS] Cisco Unified Communications Manager Overflow Vulnerabilities