[NEWS] Tomcat Documentation XSS Vulnerabilities
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 21 May 2007 10:17:24 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Tomcat Documentation XSS Vulnerabilities
The Tomcat documentation web application includes a sample application
that contains multiple XSS vulnerabilities.
* Tomcat versions from 4.0.0 to 4.0.6
* Tomcat versions from 4.1.0 to 4.1.36
* Tomcat versions from 5.0.0 to 5.0.30
* Tomcat versions from 5.5.0 to 5.5.23
* Tomcat versions from 6.0.0 to 6.0.10
* Tomcat version 4.0.7
* Tomcat version 4.1.37
* Tomcat version 5.0.31
* Tomcat version 5.5.24
* Tomcat version 6.0.11
The JSP and Servlet included in the sample application within the Tomcat
documentation webapp did not escape user provided data before including it
in the output. This enabled a XSS attack. These pages have been simplified
not to use any user provided data in the output.
The information has been provided by <mailto:markt@xxxxxxxxxx> Mark
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NEWS] Authentication Bypass in Rational Soft's Hidden Administrator
- Next by Date: [NEWS] Packeteer PacketShaper Predictable TCP ISN
- Previous by thread: [NEWS] Authentication Bypass in Rational Soft's Hidden Administrator
- Next by thread: [NEWS] Packeteer PacketShaper Predictable TCP ISN