[NT] CA BrightStor ArcServe Media Server Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 25 Apr 2007 15:48:59 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
CA BrightStor ArcServe Media Server Multiple Buffer Overflow
A vulnerability allows attackers to execute arbitrary code on vulnerable
installations of Computer Associates BrightStor ARCserve Media Server.
User interaction is not required to exploit this vulnerability.
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup release 11.5 SP2
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup release 11.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup release 11.1
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup release 11 for Windows
* BrightStor Enterprise Backup release 10.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup version 9.01
* CA Server Protection Suite release 2
* CA Business Protection Suite release 2
The specific flaw exists in the SUN RPC service which binds to a randomly
chosen high TCP port. The target port can be obtained by querying the port
mapper. Multiple stack-based buffer overflows exist during the parsing of
malformed RPC strings. Exploitation of these overflows can result in
arbitrary code execution.
Computer Associates has issued an update to correct this vulnerability.
More details can be found at:
2007.03.08 - Vulnerability reported to vendor
2007.04.19 - Digital Vaccine released to TippingPoint customers
2007.04.24 - Coordinated public release of advisory
The information has been provided by <mailto:zdi-disclosures@xxxxxxxx>
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NEWS] Adobe Macromedia ColdFusion MX7 Insecure File Permissions
- Next by Date: [NT] Check Point Zonelabs - ZoneAlarm SRESCAN Driver Local Privilege Escalation
- Previous by thread: [NEWS] Adobe Macromedia ColdFusion MX7 Insecure File Permissions
- Next by thread: [NT] Check Point Zonelabs - ZoneAlarm SRESCAN Driver Local Privilege Escalation