[NT] Blue Coat Systems WinProxy CONNECT Method Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Feb 2007 11:08:32 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Blue Coat Systems WinProxy CONNECT Method Heap Overflow Vulnerability
BlueCoat <http://www.winproxy.com/> WinProxy is an Internet sharing proxy
server designed for small to medium businesses. In addition to internet
sharing Winproxy also hosts a series of security, anti-spam and
A vulnerability in BlueCoat allows an attacker to cause a denial of
service condition or potentially execute arbitrary code. This due to an
overly long payloads being sent to the product.
* WinProxy versions 6.1a and 6.0 r1c.
* All previous versions are suspected vulnerable.
Remote exploitation of a design error in Blue Coat Systems Inc.'s WinProxy
allows attackers to trigger a heap corruption vulnerability.
The vulnerability can be triggered by sending an overly long HTTP CONNECT
request to WinProxy's HTTP proxy service.
Disabling the WinProxy HTTP protocol will prevent this attack.
* 08/16/2006 - Initial vendor notification
* 09/19/2006 - Initial vendor response
* 12/06/2006 - Second vendor notification
* 02/02/2007 - Coordinated public disclosure
The information has been provided by iDefense.
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [UNIX] PS Information Leak on HP True64 Alpha OSF1
- Next by Date: [EXPL] MS Internet Explorer 6 Null Pointer Dereference Exploit (mshtml.dll)
- Previous by thread: [UNIX] PS Information Leak on HP True64 Alpha OSF1
- Next by thread: [EXPL] MS Internet Explorer 6 Null Pointer Dereference Exploit (mshtml.dll)