[NEWS] Oracle Database Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Procedure DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED.UNREGISTER_SNAPSHOT
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 30 Jan 2007 19:08:48 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Oracle Database Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Procedure
Oracle Database Server provides the DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED package that can
be used to administer a replicated environment. This package contains the
procedure UNREGISTER_SNAPSHOT which is vulnerable to buffer overflow
* Oracle Database Server versions 9i and 10gR1
Any Oracle database user with EXECUTE privilege on the package
SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED can exploit this vulnerability. Exploitation of
this vulnerability allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. It can
also be exploited to cause DOS (Denial of service) killing Oracle server
Vendor was contacted and a patch was released.
Restrict access to the SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED package.
Apply Oracle Critical Patch Update January 2007 available at Oracle
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NEWS] Oracle Database Buffer Overflows and DoS Vulnerabilities in Public Procedures Of MDSYS.MD
- Next by Date: [NEWS] Oracle Database Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Procedure DBMS_DRS.GET_PROPERTY
- Previous by thread: [NEWS] Oracle Database Buffer Overflows and DoS Vulnerabilities in Public Procedures Of MDSYS.MD
- Next by thread: [NEWS] Oracle Database Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Procedure DBMS_DRS.GET_PROPERTY