[NT] Novell GroupWise Information Disclosure
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 4 Jul 2006 14:06:20 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Novell GroupWise Information Disclosure
" <http://www.novell.com/products/groupwise/> Novell GroupWise is a
complete collaboration software solution that provides information workers
with e-mail, calendaring, instant messaging, task management, and contact
and document management functions. "
Improper API function design allows attackers to gain information on users
using Novell GroupWise.
* Novell GroupWise version 5.x
* Novell GroupWise version 6.0
* Novell GroupWise version 6.5
* Novell GroupWise version 7
* Novell GroupWise version 32-bit Client
* GroupWise version 7 SP1
* GroupWise version 6.5 SP6 Client Update 1
A security vulnerability exists in the GroupWise Windows Client API that
can allow random programmatic access to non-authorized email within the
same authenticated post office.
The vendor has issued a patch:
* GroupWise 6.5: <http://support.novell.com/filefinder/16963/index.html>
* GroupWise 7: <http://support.novell.com/filefinder/20641/index.html>
The information has been provided by <mailto:jshort@xxxxxxxxxx> Jim
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [UNIX] Stud.IP File Inclusion
- Next by Date: [NEWS] Apple iTunes AAC File Parsing Integer Overflow
- Previous by thread: [UNIX] Stud.IP File Inclusion
- Next by thread: [NEWS] Apple iTunes AAC File Parsing Integer Overflow