[NT] Microsoft NetMeeting Null Pointer

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

Microsoft NetMeeting Null Pointer

SUMMARY

" <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/> Microsoft NetMeeting is
an application that provides multipoint audio/video conferencing and
supporting services (desktop sharing, whiteboard, remote control, file
transfer) for Microsoft Windows platform."

Improper validation of user input allows attackers to execute arbitrary
code using null pointer access.

DETAILS

Vulnerable Systems:
* Microsoft NetMeeting version 3.01

The application insufficiently validates received data opening a
possibility to overwrite portions of application memory causing exceptions
ranging from null-pointer access to a possible code execution. It is
possible to remotely terminate an active NetMeeting presentation by either
crashing the hosting application or causing it to consume 100% of CPU
resources.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:vuln@xxxxxxxxxxx> hexview..
The original article can be found at:
<http://www.hexview.com/docs/20060606-1.txt>
http://www.hexview.com/docs/20060606-1.txt

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] SHELL32.DLL Denial of Service
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... As a user browses through his hard-drive, Windows automatically analyses ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)