[NEWS] Gecko legend object DoS
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 18 Apr 2006 12:41:16 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Gecko legend object DoS
Gecko does not handle properly the HTML tags of headers inside legend,
allowing attackers to crash Gecko based browsers.
* Mozilla Firefox 184.108.40.206 and prior
* Mozilla Suite 1.0.7 and prior
* Mozilla Firefox 220.127.116.11
* Mozilla Suite 1.0.8
A Null Pointer Dereference exists with the way Gecko handles the <legened>
Proof of Concept:
< / object>
< / kbd>
The vulnerability exists with the use of header tag (<h4> on the above
The vendor has issued a fix with the new Mozilla based products.
01 Oct 05 - DoS vulnerability discovered.
15 Dec 05 - Vendor contacted.
15 Dec 05 - Vendor confirmed vulnerability.
02 Feb 06 - Fixed on 1.x branches.
12 Apr 06 - Public release.
The information has been provided by <mailto:bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Thomas
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NT] Internet Explorer DBCS Remote Memory Corruption (MS06-013)
- Next by Date: [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS06-013)
- Previous by thread: [NT] Internet Explorer DBCS Remote Memory Corruption (MS06-013)
- Next by thread: [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS06-013)