[NEWS] eyeOS Remote Code Execution
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 8 Feb 2006 18:52:28 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
eyeOS Remote Code Execution
" <http://www.eyeos.org/> eyeOS is a web based operating system."
Remote Code Execution in eyeOS allows unauthenticated attackers to execute
arbitrary PHP commands.
* eyeOS version 0.8.9 and prior
* eyeOS version 0.8.10
There is a Remote Code Execution vulnerability in eyeOS that is the result
of improperly initializing users sessions.
if (!isset ($_SESSION))
The above code is taken from desktop.php @ lines 20-21 and is the reason
code execution is possible. The $_SESSION array is like any other variable
until initialized with session_start() unless session.auto_start is set to
1. What's even worse is that obviously an attacker does not have to
authenticate in order to exploit this issue, which makes it much more
The above URL will successfully execute the phpinfo() command on the
target web-server with privileges of the web-server.
The information has been provided by <mailto:security@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [TOOL] crypt_blowfish - Modern Password Hashing Algorithm for Crypt
- Next by Date: [UNIX] QNX Neutrino RTOS su and passwd Command Buffer Overflow
- Previous by thread: [TOOL] crypt_blowfish - Modern Password Hashing Algorithm for Crypt
- Next by thread: [UNIX] QNX Neutrino RTOS su and passwd Command Buffer Overflow