[NEWS] ZyXel P2000W VoIP Information Disclosure and DoS
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 19 Jan 2006 17:26:22 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
ZyXel P2000W VoIP Information Disclosure and DoS
<http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1122437334&indexFlagvalue=1075687935> ZyXel P2000W version 2 is "a mobile VoIP phone".
Undocumented open port in ZyXel P2000W version 2 VoIP allows attackers to
gain information and DoS the VoIP phone.
* ZyXel P2000W version 2 Firmware version: WV.00.02
The Zyxel P2000W Version 2 VoIP wireless phone has an undocumented port,
UDP/9090, that provides an unauthenticated attacker information about the
phone, specifically the phone's MAC address and software version.
An attacker can use this vulnerability to easily identity the phone and
software version. Also, the undocumented open port provide an avenue for
The information has been provided by <mailto:shawnmer@xxxxxxxxx> Shawn
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [NT] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
- Next by Date: [NEWS] MPM HP-180W VoIP Wireless Desktop Phone Information Disclosure and DoS
- Previous by thread: [NT] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
- Next by thread: [NEWS] MPM HP-180W VoIP Wireless Desktop Phone Information Disclosure and DoS