[UNIX] elogd mode and cmd Buffer Overflows
- From: SecuriTeam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 22 Dec 2005 12:37:08 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
elogd mode and cmd Buffer Overflows
<http://midas.psi.ch/elog/> elogd is a "web server program for Electronic
Logbook ELOG". Two buffer overflows vulnerabilities have been discovered
* elogd version 2.6.0-beta4
By sending a special crafted request, the daemon will crash.
A request such as
resulted in the following:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x080bcb31 in server_loop ()
(gdb) i r
eax 0x8001 32769
ecx 0xbfffe541 -1073748671
edx 0x8001 32769
ebx 0xc0000000 -1073741824
esp 0xbffd8060 0xbffd8060
ebp 0x90f77f0 0x90f77f0
esi 0x90f77f9 152008697
edi 0x90f9226 152015398
eip 0x80bcb31 0x80bcb31
eflags 0x10202 66050
cs 0x73 115
ss 0x7b 123
ds 0x7b 123
es 0x7b 123
fs 0x0 0
gs 0x33 51
The information has been provided by <mailto:fd@xxxxxxx> GroundZero
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: list-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.
- Prev by Date: [EXPL] Mailenable Enterprise Examine IMAP Command Buffer Overflow (2 Exploits)
- Next by Date: [NT] FTGate Multiple Vulnerabilities (LIST, AUTHENTICATE, USER, PASS, TOP, tzoffset)
- Previous by thread: [EXPL] Mailenable Enterprise Examine IMAP Command Buffer Overflow (2 Exploits)
- Next by thread: [NT] FTGate Multiple Vulnerabilities (LIST, AUTHENTICATE, USER, PASS, TOP, tzoffset)