[NEWS] Oracle Products Multiple Vulnerabilities (TA05-194A)
From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
To: email@example.com Date: 21 Jul 2005 13:52:24 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
Oracle Products Multiple Vulnerabilities (TA05-194A)
Various <http://www.oracle.com/> Oracle products and components are
affected by multiple vulnerabilities. The impacts of these vulnerabilities
include unauthenticated, remote code execution, information disclosure,
and denial of service.
* Oracle Database 10g Release 1, versions 10.1.0.2, 10.1.0.3, 10.1.0.4
* Oracle9i Database Server Release 2, versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
* Oracle9i Database Server Release 1, versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
* Oracle8i Database Server Release 3, version 18.104.22.168
* Oracle8 Database Release 8.0.6, version 22.214.171.124
* Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g, versions 10.1.0.2, 10.1.0.3
* Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control, versions 10.1.0.2,
* Oracle Enterprise Manager Application Server Control, versions 126.96.36.199,
* Oracle Application Server 10g (9.0.4), versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
* Oracle9i Application Server Release 2, versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
* Oracle9i Application Server Release 1, version 22.214.171.124
* Oracle Collaboration Suite Release 2, versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
* Oracle E-Business Suite and Applications Release 11i, versions 11.5.1
* Oracle E-Business Suite and Applications Release 11.0
* Oracle Workflow, versions 11.5.1 through 184.108.40.206
* Oracle Forms and Reports, versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
* Oracle JInitiator, versions 1.1.8, 1.3.1
* Oracle Developer Suite, versions 22.214.171.124, 9.0.4, 126.96.36.199, 9.0.5, 10.1.2
* Oracle Express Server, version 188.8.131.52
Oracle released a
Critical Patch Update in July 2005 that addresses more than forty
vulnerabilities in different Oracle products and components. The Critical
Patch Update provides information about which components are affected,
what access and authorization are required, and how data confidentiality,
integrity, and availability may be impacted. Public reports describe
vulnerabilities related to insecure password and temporary file handling
and SQL injection.
Oracle HTTP Server is based on the Apache HTTP Server. Some Oracle
products include Java components from Sun Microsystems. According to
<http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/pdf/public_vuln_to_advisory_mapping.html> Oracle, the July 2005 Critical Patch Update addresses previously disclosed vulnerabilities in Apache and Java. Oracle also notes that Oracle Database Client-only installations are not affected by vulnerabilities listed in the July 2005 Critical Patch Update.
Apply the appropriate patches or upgrade as specified in the Oracle
Critical Patch Update - July 2005. The update notes that some Oracle
patches are cumulative while others are not:
The Oracle Database Server, Enterprise Manager, and the Oracle
Application Server patches in the Updates are cumulative; each successive
Critical Patch Update contains the fixes from the previous Critical Patch
E-Business Suite patches are not cumulative, so E-Business Suite
customers should refer to previous Critical Patch Updates to identify
previous fixes they wish to apply.
Oracle Collaboration Suite patches are not cumulative, so Oracle
Collaboration Suite customers should refer to previous Critical Patch
Updates to identify previous fixes they wish to apply.
It may be possible to mitigate some vulnerabilities by disabling or
removing unnecessary components, restricting network access, and
restricting access to temporary files.
Critical Patch Update - July 2005 suggests setting a TNS listner password
to mitigate a vulnerability in Oracle Database Server (DB08).
<US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA05-194A> US-CERT Technical
Cyber Security Alert TA05-194A
<http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/613562> US-CERT Vulnerability Note
Oracle Critical Patch Update - July 2005
Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts
The information has been provided by US-CERT.
The original article can be found at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: email@example.com
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.