[TOOL] OS SIM - Security Infrastructure Monitor
From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 20 Jun 2005 09:59:51 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.
Get your security news from a reliable source.
- - - - - - - - -
OS SIM - Security Infrastructure Monitor
The OS SIM project's goal is to build a working SIM (Security
Infrastructure Monitor) able to integrate, qualify and correlate both high
level and low level security and network events which is able to compete
with commercial products recently appearing on the security market.
Integrate multiple open source security/network monitoring products to
obtain three network/host visibility levels:
* Low level log/alert/anomaly information
* Mid level network risk level information
* High level decision support information
* Spade: network anomaly detection
* Snort: pattern matching intrusion detection system
* Acid: log viewer (Event Database)
* Ntop: network use monitor
* OpenNMS: Service availability monitoring
* Mrtg: graphing
* Mysql and PostgreSQL: data storage
* rrdtool: Round robin data storage
* Nessus: vulnerability assessment
* Nmap: Network discovery
* P0f: OS Fingerprinting.
* Arpwatch: Host - Mac.
* More to come....
To download the tool please visit:
The information has been provided by <mailto:email@example.com>
To keep updated with the tool visit the project's homepage at:
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: email@example.com
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.