[NT] Directory Traversal In CIS WebServer

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 03/17/05

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 17 Mar 2005 10:19:20 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      Directory Traversal In CIS WebServer

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.cisindia.net/> CIS WebServer is "a simple HTTPd server for
    MS-Windows".

    The CIS WebServer contains a directory traversal vulnerability that allows
    a attacker the ability to view arbitrary files that reside outside the
    bounding HTML directory.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable Systems:
     * CIS WebServer version 3.5.13

    Proof of Concept:
    The following URL can be used to grab the SAM file located under the
    Windows directory:
    http://victimhost/../../../windows/repair/sam

    Disclosure Timeline:
    20/02/2005 - Vendor notification
    21/02/2005 - Vendor Response
    25/02/2005 - Public disclosure

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:corryl@sitoverde.com>
    CorryL.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] SHELL32.DLL Denial of Service
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... As a user browses through his hard-drive, Windows automatically analyses ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)