[UNIX] osCommerce's File Manager Arbitrary File Disclosure

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 05/19/04

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 19 May 2004 14:28:04 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      osCommerce's File Manager Arbitrary File Disclosure

    SUMMARY

    " <http://www.oscommerce.com/> osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce
    solution under on going development by the open source community. Its
    feature packed out-of-the-box installation allows store owners to setup,
    run, and maintain their online stores with minimum effort and with
    absolutely no costs or license fees involved". A vulnerability in the
    product allows a remote attacker to access files that reside outside the
    bound HTML root directory.

    DETAILS

    Normally osCommerce will allows you to view only osCommerce's directories,
    however, if you type in the following you can view any file on the server
    with the web server's permissions:
    http://www.vulnerable/oscommerce/file_manager.php?action=download&filename=../../../../../../../../etc/passwd

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:l0om@excluded.org> Rene.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [TOOL] Metacortex - PacketFilter GUI
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Aanval - Web Based Snort Console
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] MyServer DoS (Long GET request)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Cross Site Scripting in Moodle
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability In CPAN WWW::Form Perl Module