[UNIX] phpNewsManager Directory Travarsal

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 02/24/04

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 24 Feb 2004 11:35:58 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      phpNewsManager Directory Travarsal

    SUMMARY

    " <http://www.skintech.org/newman/> phpNewsManager is the ultimate news
    manager for your website. The script is a whole solution for managing
    websites and supports many features with multi-level user access. Check
    the online demo too see all the features available. You can easily
    customize settings and translate it into your language. We included an
    example script how you can integrate it into your webpage".

    There is a vulnerability in the current version of phpNewsManager that
    allows an attacker to retrieve arbitrary files from the web server with
    its privileges.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable Systems:
     * phpNewsManager version 1.46

    Example:
    http://example.com/directory/functions.php?clang=../../../../../../../../../../../../etc/passwd

    Disclosure Timeline:
    Discovered: 02 February 2004
    Vendor Contacted: 10 February 2004
    Published: 23 February 2004

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:zetalabs@zone-h.org>
    G00db0y.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] SquirrelMail Cross Site Scripting in Encoded Text
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... SquirrelMail has all the functionality you would want from an email ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Online Store Kit SQL Injection Vulnerability
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... SQL Injection: ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Norton AntiSpam Remote Buffer Overrun (SymSpamHelper)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... An ActiveX control bundled with Norton AntiSpam suffers from a bug that ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] Liferay Cross Site Scripting Flaw