[TOOL] Local Area Security Linux

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 10/22/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 22 Oct 2003 11:11:51 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      Local Area Security Linux

    DETAILS

     <http://www.localareasecurity.com/> L.A.S. Linux is a 'live CD'
    distribution that runs entirely off of a miniCD (185MB) and contains over
    250+ security related tools. Along with having a full desktop environment
    provided by FluxBox. Areas covered are pen testing, forensics,
    administration, monitoring etc.

    A few of the tools that are available in the distribution: etherape,
    mozillafirebird, argus-server, argus-client, arpwatch, bfbtester,
    cabextract, cflow, dlint, farpd, recover, gtkrecover, nasm, nast, strace,
    ltrace, sudo,valgrind, pnscan, isic, splint, sendip, scli, scanssh, rarpd,
    wellenreiter,router-audit-tool, httpush, bass, scansort, scanerrlog, idsa
    / idsaguardgtk, crank (for fun), ccrypt, ntfstools, pasmal, bruth, hlfl,
    less, smbfs, smstools, LinNeighborhood, snmp, snmpd, driftnet, Dillo,
    admsmp, admsnmp,arptool, di, hammerhead, flawfinder, foremost, md5deep,
    binutils, findutils,file, gall, libpst, libdbx, rda, ntreg, memfetch,
    stegdetect, mkpersistenthome, mkdosswap, pv, cscope, scanlogd, cgrep,
    bsed, vlad, warscan, zodiac, angst, hackbot, mieliekoek.pl,
    screamingcobra.pl, cmospwd, macchanger, vomit, atmelwlandriver,
    wlcardconfig, sshstart-knoppix, to name a few.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The tool can be downloaded from
    <http://www.localareasecurity.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=mirrors> http://www.localareasecurity.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=mirrors.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [TOOL] Binhex - Convert Files Generated by Xbin or Macget Into BinHex Format
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... This utility converts Mac Bin Hex files to BinHex format ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Microsoft Windows GDI+ Gradient Fill Heap Overflow Vulnerability
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Microsoft Windows GDI+ Gradient Fill Heap Overflow Vulnerability ... consult their bulletin at the ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)