[TOOL] Chaosreader - Trace TCP/UDP from Tcpdump Logs

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 10/19/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 19 Oct 2003 17:15:29 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      Chaosreader - Trace TCP/UDP from Tcpdump Logs

    DETAILS

     <http://users.tpg.com.au/bdgcvb/> Chaosreader is "a freeware tool that
    can trace HTTP sessions from a packet log, displaying which bits are
    plaintexts. It could be used to help verify that some websites really do
    utilize encryption. It has been written on Solaris using Perl".

    The above description is one use of Chaosreader, it has many features. It
    takes a snoop (or tcpdump) log and parses every protocol it can. This
    includes,
     * Any TCP Session
     * Any UDP Stream
     * HTTP transfers (HTML, JPG, GIF, zip, ...)
     * FTP files (active transfers)
     * telnet sessions (also generates real-time playback scripts)
     * SMTP emails
     * ...

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:brendan.gregg@tpg.com.au>
    Brendan Gregg.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] phpBB Remote PHP Code Execution (viewtopic.php 2)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The following exploit code utilizes a vulnerability in phpBB to cause ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] TinyWeb Server DoS Exploit
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] 3Com FTP Server Buffer Overflow (CD)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... overflow in its parsing of the 'CD' command. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Automagic SQL Injector
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Automagic SQL Injector is part of the Sec-1 Exploit Arsenal provided ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Cain & Abel PSK Sniffer Heap overflow
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... of passwords by sniffing the network, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)